Friday, April 3, 2009

Crying out to the Lord

Isaiah 40:29-31 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

These verses are among my favorite portions of Scripture and I'm hanging onto them for dear life today. After Bible Study last night, my van wouldn't start. My friend and I prayed over it and it did start but it wouldn't stay running. My husband and son came to pick me up in my son's car which also has problems. We went back to my friend's house this morning, I prayed over it again and it fired right up. As of now, it's still starting although the check engine light is on.

There was a news conference on an hour ago letting us know that the Red River will be cresting again and there's a 75% chance that it will crest higher this time. The people of Fargo and Moorehead are certainly weary but God's Word promises us that He will give us strength. As the worship song says, "My hope is in You Lord, my strength is in You Lord."

I believe with all my heart that the Lord honored our prayers and that's why my van is running. I also believe that He held back the floodwaters of the Red River and that He can and will do it again. If God is concerned about something as small as a motor vehicle, how much more will He answer our prayers regarding the salvation of a loved one, illness, or any number of other needs that we have. Just as parents we're concerned about our children's lives, so is our Father concerned about us.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Praying for that van!

    Have A Fabulous Friday
    From Roberta Anne
    The Raggedy Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! God answeres prayers, he knew you needed that van and he knows all your needs, he is concerned and will be there for you. God bless and take care !

    ReplyDelete