Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Correction with Justice

Today's verse of the day is one of my favorites and I love the way God chose to use it today on my blog.

This is something that I always try to do when disciplining my children (not that they ever need it, HA!) When I first discover that one of them has done something wrong, my first reaction is to find out how I can ground them and their future grandchildren as well. I'm angry and I feel betrayed. However, my heart knows that this is not the way to handle the situation. I want God's mercy even in the midst of my sin and the best part is, I know I'll recieve it. Why should I do any less for my children?

They need correction, just as we need God's correction. But, discipline out of love, not anger. Take some time to calm down before throwing the book at them. Remember that the purpose is to correct their behavior, not to crush them. These are things that I need to remind myself of quite often. How like God to send me a reminder on my blog.

3 comments:

  1. We all need to welcome the correction from God in our lives.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day
    from the Raggedy Girl/Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family. My children are much older then yours and I have to tell you I have always done things the hard way. I can only speak from my own experience. All you can do is love em.... (and wait for grandkids to make em smarter) LOL Grandkids are my answer to everything. ~Athella

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't raised children, but I have to tell you Cyndy, I so much agree with your way of thinking! I so wish parents could see that they're there to guide their children, not break their spirits! Luv u my sweet friend!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete