Thursday, March 5, 2009

I have so much to be thankful for so why am I so sad?

I am normally a very upbeat person so this feeling of sadness is new to me. Of course I've been sad but there was always a reason; my parents' death, losing a pet, my husband losing a job, etc. The sadness I'm feeling now has no reason that I can put my finger on.
What is God trying to teach me? Why am I feeling so out of place, even in the church that I love? When will this end?
These are all questions for which I have no answers but I know the One who does. So, I'm going to count my blessings and at the same time give myself permission to cry if I need to. God will understand.

2 comments:

  1. My sweet sister, if there is anything at all I have learned over the last couple of months, it is that tears wash your soul and carry the sadness away, at least for a little bit. So, you cry and I'll cry with you and I'll pray with you and the Lord will reveal to you what it is He wants you to know. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a lot going on in your life. And there had to be soul searching involved in working through it and that is hard. I think Satan wants us to be in that discontented estate that women are so easily drawn to. Praying for you my very dear friend.

    Have a Thankful Thursday
    from Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete