Thursday, March 19, 2009

Proverbs 16:24

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."

My daughter Julianna is someone who always tries to live by these words. It's not something she does intentionally, God just created her this way. I believe that if more adults would take these words to heart our world would be a much better place.

Scripture is filled with warnings about the tongue and the damage it can do. Proverbs 11: 9 says "With his mouth the godless destroys his neighbor, but through knowledge the righteous escape."

Proverbs 10:19 says "when words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise."

I want to take a page out of my daughter's book and speak kindly to the people I come in contact with today. There's something to be said about "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

1 comment:

  1. I too believe in always saying positive things. I think God wants us to look for the best in people and start from there. Love you so much!!!

    Have a Thankful Thursday
    from the Raggedy Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete