Saturday, March 28, 2009

God's vision for my life

Oswald Chamber said "When once we lose sight of God, we begin to be reckless, we cast off certain restraints, we cast off praying, we cast off the vision of God in little things, and begin to act on our own initiative.”

I don't want to lose the vision of God in the little things and I know all too well what happens when I act on my own initiative. When I lose sight of God, it's easy to spend less time in His Word and more time in front of the TV. When I cast off praying, my whole life becomes more chaotic and when trouble comes I have no idea how to handle it. I snap at my children and am short with my husband.

I want God's vision for my life; in the little things as well as the big ones. I want to act on His initiative, not mine. I want to stand firm in what I believe in and not water down the Scriptures.

I believe our country has cast off certain restraints as well. More and more behavior is accepted as "ok" and no big deal. This saddens me as I'm sure it saddens the heart of our Father as well.

I'm praying that God will show me His vision for my life. I don't want to waste a minute of the time He has given me on this earth. His will, not mine. I'm also praying for a revival in our country. We need God in all areas of our lives, not just in a church building on Sunday mornings.

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning Cyn...

    Just wanted to stop by to see how you and your family are doing! I've been following the news and have been is prayer for ya'll and your neighbors!

    Thank you for the wise words today...seeking and following God's vision for my life is truly important to me!

    Lord bless...
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also pray for a great revival in our country, we must seek Gods guidance and grace.
    God bless !

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN! Cyndy, you have said exactly what my heart has been feeling for some time now. For far too long, we have put God aside and have let the secular crowd rum amuck. It time and high time to step up to the plate, claim our rightful position as children of God and speak out in our nation. Otherwise, we are going to lose it! I am praying daily for the Lord's help to make me bolder and wiser and more willing to speak the truth in love but never back down when I know the Lord is with me! Thank you so much for this encouraging word!

    I love you my sister! Many hugs.........

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cyn, I was just checking in to make sure you were okay...? ~Athella

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, Cyndy. It feels like it is time for us to all turn back to God.

    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete